- They are the most abundant microorganisms on the planet
- Every 48 hours 50% of the entire global bacterial population is replaced by phages
- Human gut contains one million billion phages (10E15)
- One ml seawater contains one billion phages
- Phages are 100 times smaller than bacteria
- We can not see them under a normal microscope, yet their collective biomass is larger that that of all humans
- PhageGuard is powered by the natural enemies of bacteria – organic phages.
Anywhere specific bacteria pose a problem for society, this platform technology provides new opportunities. Examples are fermentation processes and blue-green algea surface water contamination.